Friday, July 24, 2020

Altering Your Digital Stamps - Featuring The Greeting Farm

I have always seen myself as a stamping purist.

When beginning my papercrafting journey, it was deep red rubber stamps mounted onto their own individual blocks that were considered “the standard”. It made things easy to line up and you had to have a particular knack for getting all the ink where it needed to be the first time you laid the inked side to paper.

If you were really good you could reink the image in the exact spot with no shadowing. I think that was the Holy Grail of stamping at the time. 

Now things like Photopolymer clear stamps and digital stamps are the norm. But for a long time, I fought with the idea of digital stamps. Wasn’t that just printing out an image and coloring it in? Was that really stamp work? 

Then a few years ago, I happened upon The Greeting Farm (thanks to Kristina Werner!) and now I’m hooked.

Their adorable images plus the affordability of these stamps were drew me in. And the fact that there is no physical storage required and it’s a way to be a more green and responsible papercrafter is an added bonus.

But what I just recently learned was the complete versatility. 

A friend of mine is getting married this month to his partner of four years and I wanted to send them a personalized card. Something that would be special and would fit them both. I couldn’t find any stamps that had two grooms (or two brides) to use for my card, so I decided to make one myself.

Using the Caketopper Kiss Digi, I created what I call the Mr. & Mr. card. 

To see how to do this with your digital images and the results I got for this, you can click on this short video. 




Let me know how it worked for you! I’d also love to see what cards you come up with, so find me on Instagram @indigihipcreations

May your Inkpads and Creativity Never Dry,

Janice



No comments:

Post a Comment